Though we lead busy lives, we always find time for the things and people that are important to us. Does God have a secure place of importance in your life? If so, how often do you spend time with Him? Like our significant others and best friends, we must stay in constant communication with Him. Throughout the day, I have random conversations with the Lord especially when I’m in less than ideal situations. And not in the manner you may think. When I find myself in a dismal position I say “Okay Lord, that didn’t work out, what do you have in store for me?”. Through my constant communication with Him, I’ve learned to discern when things are for me and when they’re not. I still can’t hear His voice but I can feel His presence in everything I do. You may be wondering how to begin communication/ a connection with the Lord. You can start by spending time with Him in mediation and prayer.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Find a spot in your schedule when you will be uninterrupted
- Turn that phone off or put it on do not disturb
- Find a space that is quiet. Depending on your preference, remain quiet or play music softly in the background, lights some candles, etc. Set a relaxing mood
- Relax, close your eyes, and clear you mind. If you find that your mind is wandering, focus on your breathing.
- Once you are focused, think about all your worries and blessings; place them at the Lord feet. Participate in worship, whatever that means to you. There is no right or wrong way to worship Him. Talk to Him (aloud or internally), write, dance; just pour out your heart!
Crave out time in your day with the Lord. His presence will become clear.
Something to think about…
1.How often do you carve time out for the Lord?
2.What method of prayer/meditation/worship do you find most effective in communicating with God?